Skip to main content

Work Experience

Work Experience Program Information

Many students enter the world of work as minors (under 18 years of age). Students work for a wide variety of reasons—to earn income, gain on-the-job experience, or connect what they are learning in the classroom to the real world.

Minors employed in the state of California must have a Permit to Employ and Work (commonly referred to as a “work permit”). Work permits are typically issued by the school where the student is enrolled. Work permits indicate the location of the employer as well as the number of hours a minor may work.

Vacaville Unified School District Policy States: Students must maintain a 1.5 or higher GPA, not have more than one truancy/tardy letter and be a model citizen on campus.


Important Links